Saturday, July 31, 2010

Task 1.1

I have tried to create an ODBC connection. I followed the instructions provided in the video tutorial in Moodle. However, the process ends up generating an error message saying that the connection failed. The following screenshot is the screen that was generated from the ODBC connection error.

I have speculated some reasons that might cause this problem, one of them is my computer’s lack of ability to connect to the ODBC server. Other reason is that the internet connection does not support enough bandwidth to let my system connect to the ODBC system. The third possibility might be that the server denied my access to the databate, or The fourth possibility is that the SQL server may no longer exist when I undertake this process.

I know that ODBC enables us to connect to a database server hosted externally from the local client. This enables users to work by connecting to the database from anywhere with an internet access. But I cannot vouch for that theory myself since my trial of using the ODBC connection failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment